Google
 

Sunday, January 20, 2008

The Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano "An Enzo in a designer suit?"

Here is the last set of pics my friend Bryan snapped on his holiday New York trip. And hopefully you all will agree I saved the best for last. Behold the mighty Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano! When released the 599 was Ferrari's most powerful series production road car to date. This came thanks to the Enzo's 6.0L V12 producing 620HP and 448 lbs ft. torque. The front engine rear wheel drive 599 is the latest in a long lineage of front engined Ferrari's (including the famous 365 Daytona). The 599 also features a techno showcase of computer controlled driving dynamics borrowed from Ferrari's formula 1 cars. Many have said the 599 is like a front engined Enzo with creature comforts. All said and done the 599 is an amazing car....But, I have to say I don't think it's Ferrari's best looking design. Ferrari continues to make better and better technical cars... they are faster than ever, handle better than ever, and are without a doubt a technological marvel. I just wish Ferrari could recapture some of the design magic of days past. Don't get me wrong though.. I would gladly drive one if anyone would like to let me borrow their's for a week or so? :-)



3 comments:

Singing to Jeffrey's Tune said...

From the Pursuit of Happiness about borrowing his car for the weekend "Feed the meter!".

mrawski.pl said...

Very nice but what you think about me-ride.com?

CTR said...

Cool site man... I'll gladly put a link up for you if you do the same... thanks for the feedback!